We’ve made a spicy twist on one of our favourites – A Five Spice Old Fashioned.
- 60ml Merser
- 15ml Five Spice Syrup (recipe below)
- 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 2 Dashes of Orange Bitters
Add the Five Spice Syrup to a rocks glass. Then add the 2 dashes of Angostura bitters and 2 dashes of Orange bitters. Pour in the Merser and add ice. Gently stir until the glass is nicely chilled. Garnish with a twist of Orange and a Star Anise.
To make the Five Spice Syrup
1. Boil a kettle and pour 1 cup of hot water into a heat proof container
2. Fill the same cup with granulated sugar and pour into the heat proof container with the hot water.
3. Add 1 heaped spoonful of Five Spice and stir until sugar is dissolved.
4. Leave the mixture to rest to allow the flavours to infuse over night.
5. Using a sieve, strain the syrup.