This website is owned and operated by Charles Merser & Co., a division of Hayman Group Ltd. Registered office:
Charles Merser & Co.
44 Essex Street
London WC2R 3JF
Please note that by using this website you are bound to these terms and conditions detailed below, which form the basis of an agreement between you as user and Charles Merser & Co., a division of Hayman Group Ltd. Registered in England with registration No. 1784071 and VAT No. GB 512 3751 75
By accessing this site, you must be:
1) Of legal age for purchasing and consuming alcoholic beverages in accordance with the regulations of your country of residence.
2) In a country which permits the promotion and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
For information relating to responsible alcohol consumption please visit www.drinkaware.co.uk
All information, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, software and other intellectual property (“the Content”) contained on this website are protected by copyright and international laws. All Content is provided on a personal use basis only, none of the Content should be used for commercial use.
You agree that use of this website and any related services is at your sole risk and that Charles Merser & Co. makes no representations or warranties regarding the website or the Content whether express or implied, arising by law or otherwise, including that relating to any Content that may be regarded as objectionable, indecent or offensive.
You also agree that Charles Merser & Co. will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of this website, the Content, or related services, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause.
Charles Merser & Co. reserves the right to change any Content on this website and reserves the right to modify, alter, change, amend, update or revise in any way whatsoever these terms and conditions form the agreement between Charles Merser & Co. and the user, but will not change the way Charles Merser & Co. uses your information as provided previously without your express consent.
Charles Merser & Co. have no control of, accept no responsibility for, and do not endorse any content found within third party sites that may be linked to the Charles Merser & Co. site. Any reliance placed on information found on these third party sites should be done at the user’s own risk.
SPECIAL OFFERS AND VOUCHER CODES
When redeeming special offer or voucher codes, users must adhere to the below terms:
- Customers may only redeem offer codes for one transaction.
- Offer codes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
BLENDING HOUSE TOURS
When booking a tour at Charles Merser & Co. you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are or will be over 18 years of age on the date of the tour. Anyone aged under 18 is not able to join a tour due to government laws.
- That we will refuse to admit you to the premises if you appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of prohibited narcotic substances upon your arrival.
- That Charles Merser & Co. reserve the right to reschedule or cancel the tour without notice, for whatever reason, but will refund all monies in full.
- That you will inform us prior to our accepting the booking of any medical condition or physical impediment about which we would need to be aware in order to eliminate or anticipate any potential health and safety issue.
- That you will follow the instructions of the Charles Merser & Co. team when on-site.
- Should you wish to cancel your visit, tours are refundable up to 14 days before the tour date.
- Blending House Tour vouchers are non-refundable.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale or sampling of alcohol under the terms of the licensing act.
- We reserve the right to alter the tours content, timing and prices.
- We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards and Visa Delta and Maestro debit cards.
- Your £5 redeemable offer is per person and can only be redeemed once against your first purchase on that tour only.
- Your £5 redeemable offer can only be used toward 70cl bottle purchases.
- You are entitled to 1 complimentary drink on your visit; any extra will be priced relevantly.
- Smoking anywhere on site at our blending house is strictly forbidden – both inside and outside.
- A classic tour consists of a tutored tasting of the core range of Charles Merser & Co. Double Barrel Rum and its components.
- Doors will open 15mins before the tour start time.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When entering a competition promoted by Charles Merser & Co., you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The provider of the prize is stated within the promotional material.
- The Promoter is Charles Merser & Co., 44 Essex Street, London WC2R 3JF.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Proof of age and identity may be required.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK mainland except employees (and their families) of Charles Merser & Co. and their agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- Any falsified names or addresses will result in your entry being disqualified.
- Incomplete, illegible, or inaudible (if made by phone) entries will be voided.
- Only entries made directly by the person entering the competition will be recognised.
- The provider and promoter of the prize accept no responsibility for lost, damaged or delayed entries.
- The prize(s) offered is (are) not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternative prize(s).
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not stated in the prize(s), including any necessary travel documents, transport, accommodation, passports and visas.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize providers’ terms and conditions.
- The promoter and supplier reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and to reject unsuitable entries.
- If a prize is unavailable for whatever reason, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize that is of equal or greater value than the prize originally offered.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to their name, photograph and disclosure of country of residence being used by Charles Merser & Co. in any publicity during and/or after the promotion of the competition. The winner(s) also agree(s) to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Charles Merser & Co. relating to any competition-based publicity.
- Unless otherwise stated, competition winner(s) will be selected at random from all admissible entries that are received by the closing date, as stated within the promotional material.
- All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant, who will be selected at random in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- In the event that the competition is being judged, the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up, who will be selected by the same judges.
- Unless otherwise stated, confirmation of the prize will be sent in writing by email to the prize winner(s).
- Failure to respond to communications by the promoter of the competition, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements for the prize, may result in the winner having to forfeit their prize.
- In the event that a discrepancy arises between these standard competition terms and conditions and the details stated in the promotional material, the details stated in the promotional material prevail.
DELIVERY & RETURNS
When purchasing from the Charles Merser & Co. online shop or in the blending house shop, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You will receive an order confirmation email when your order has been placed through our online shop.
- Orders placed through our online shop will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- When your order is ready for dispatch, you will receive an email with your unique tracking number.
- We are closed on public holidays so any orders placed will be despatched on the next working day.
- For guaranteed delivery before Christmas, please order by the 19th of December. Please note that any orders placed between the 21st of December and the 3rd of January will be processed and despatched in early January 2023.
- All deliveries for orders placed through our online shop will be processed via our courier partner, DHL. To view their standard terms and conditions, please click here.
- Please note that we currently only deliver to addresses within the U.K and that we do not operate a free shipping cost policy.
- We may run offers where we offer Free Delivery to our customers. On these occasions, we only offer Free Delivery to those living within DHL’s standard shipping areas. We cannot offer free shipping to those classed as being in remote areas.
- Our customers’ satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and we take exceptional care in the manufacturing, packaging and delivery of our products. However if your purchase(s) from our online store or blending house shop is (are) damaged or faulty upon receipt, you can either request a full refund or exchange for (a) replacement product(s) of the same value.
- To request a full refund or exchange, please notify us by email within 28 days of receiving your order. Please state whether you would like a full refund or exchange and quote your order confirmation number, the product name, your full name, email address, phone number and delivery address.
- Only unopened products that are in the original packaging will be eligible for refund or exchange.
- Approved refunds will be credited to the credit card used during the original transaction within 30 days and will exclude shipping costs.
- We recommend that items are returned to us via a recorded delivery service to ensure that they are protected and insured during transit.
- If you fail to meet these terms and conditions, the product(s) will be returned to you and you will not receive a refund nor be eligible for an exchange.
- Please note that you may be asked to show proof of age upon delivery of your order.